If you search "Bride emergency kit" or "Wedding day survival kit" on Etsy, you'll find a ton of cute ready-made kits full of things that are sure to come in handy for a bride-to-be or her tribe!
If you fancy making one yourself, here are a few things to include that may save your life (and sanity) come wedding day:
- Mints - make that first kiss a fresh kiss
- Tissues - in case of make-up oopses or happy tears
- Q-tips - a versatile fix-it tool
- Nail scissors - loose threads anyone?
- Moleskin - all day in heels may or may not cause some blisters
- Cute flats - for when you finally decide to ditch the heels
- Band-aids - for teeny accidents (or to help out that bridesmaid whose nips are showing through her dress, moleskin is also an option for that)
- Extra stick-on bra - see above
- Stain pen - keep that white dress flawless
- Travel size hair spray - for on-the-go touch-ups
- Oil blotting sheets - to remove any shine before picture time
- Extra make-up - when you finish getting yours done, slip whatever you'll need for touch ups into the bag
- Fashion tape - for dragging hemlines or to tape your dress to your bra to prevent slippage
- Tweezers - the king of fix-it tools, keep those brows on fleek
- Mini sewing kit - buttons fall off sometimes, it's cool
- Coconut oil or makeup remover - accidents happen
- Moisturizer - keep those hands soft, they're about to get paparazzied
- Deodorant - at least one bridesmaid is going to forget hers
- Water bottle and Straws - stay hydrated, but don't mess up that lipstick
- Toothbrush and toothpaste - take care of this before the makeup artist arrives
- Toothpicks - we will not have spinach smiles in our photos
- Hair elastics/bobby pins - self-explanatory
- Pen and notepad - for last minute messages/instructions
- Hand sanitizer or towelettes - stay clean
- Mini mirror - for touch-ups, but also reassurance that you look flawless
- Phone charger - we all hope your florist has the right address, but just in case someone needs to get ahold of you suddenly, make sure that phone is on all day
- Crochet hook - if your dress has 1000000 buttons up the back
- Snacks - pre-cut fruit or something that won't make crumbs; hangry bride ain't fun
- Baby powder - if you're afraid of sweaty feet or chafing from a strapless dress
- Tampons or sanitary napkins - even if you aren't on the dot, someone might be
- Clear nail polish - has many uses
- Medicine (tylenol, ibuprofen, claritin) - anyone prone to headaches here? allergies? or hungover maybe?
- Sunscreen - have you ever seen a sunburnt bride? not the pictures she was hoping for
- Super glue - if you're wearing anything bedazzled or that could potentially lose pieces
- Extra earring backs - those little guys go missing all the time
- A Groom Emergency kit - find that list here!
And if something goes wrong that even your well-prepared kit can't fix, don't sweat it! Most likely, no one will notice.